Monday, August 5, 2013

Picnic in the park

Today was Simcoe Day long weekend here in Toronto in honor of a lieutenant governor who initiated the end of slavery. Any long weekend in the summer is a chance for us to enjoy the beautiful weather and get in touch with nature...without getting stung by a bee or chased by the Canadian geese that is.

My husband and I decided to stop off at Jamaica Jamaica Jerk to get some delicious jerk chicken with rice and some coleslaw for our picnic. I have talked about all kinds of different foods here on my blog, from Thai to Italian and Indian but this restaurant sells my favorite jerk chicken in the city. They also sell other Jamaican dishes, none of which I have tried after having this jerk chicken.
You can find this restaurant at 2419 St Claire Ave West in Toronto


It was a beautiful day for a picnic!

This beautiful park in Etobicoke is called James Gardens






19 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I love the vibrant colors of the flowers. And that jerk chicken looks extra good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many flowers! They are all so beautiful:) Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I actually would like to get a professional camera, I just bought a digital one which works underwater as well and it was expensive but still isn't the one I am looking for. I need to do some research.

      Delete
  3. Jerk chicken is sooooo good. Sounds like you had a great long weekend. =0)
    New follower via bloglovin and inviting you to link up your blog at Meet & Greet with us!
    ~Kim
    http://www.2justbyou.com/2013/08/meet-greet-blog-hop-37.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following and inviting me. I followed back and I have joined your hop :)

      Delete
  4. love the scenery! how beautiful!!

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a beautiful garden, and the jerk chicken looks really yumm! Now I got to eat something :-)

    xoxo Pakize

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know, when I am on pinterest looking at food it makes me want to eat too :)

      Delete
  6. You should, and If you need any more recommendations I did a previous post on some of the best restaurants in Toronto and surrounding areas. I know where all the good spots are lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhh the weeping willow,how I love that tree. Looks like you had a wonderful day.

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect park. I seriously need to step up my picnics. lol. The weeping willow is STUNNING. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'm sharing my Vanity Fair feature on the blog today. :) xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice park! I'm sure you had a great time there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, that chicken picture made my hungry.:/
    Love the flowers, the nature pics are gorgeous!

    Belle Epoque
    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, gorgeous park and so many ducks, never seen so many in a park:X There is a park near me and we also have ducks there (and turtles), but I've only seen a few :) And that food looks delicious, now I'm hungry haha :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...