Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pierre Herme Paris

Today I went to a famous pastry shop in Paris owned by the renowned chef Pierre Herme. Pierre is said to be the best pastry chef in the world and is known as the “Picasa of pastry.” He is famous for his macaroons which come in flavors like raspberry, pistachio, salted caramel, rose, passion fruit and many more tasty creations for a collection of about 23 different flavors. He is also known for his chocolate and using savory ingredients in his deserts. Like some fashion designers he uses themed collections for his pastries.


We bought an assorted box with 15 macaroons which cost €28 approximately $38.20 Canadian. There was a long line up outside the shop which is not unusual.


I found the macaroons to be soft, creamy and rich. I can definitely see that they would be a difficult pastry to master, however I did not care for many of the flavors. My favorite was the apricot and pistachio flavor called arabesque. If you are a macaroon lover then this is a shop you wouldn't want to miss.

3 comments:

  1. I tried some macaroons and I wasn't too fond of them. Glad to see you are having a fun time over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of macarons either but I would try his! I read the best yet macaron flavor of all is the pistachio which a lot of the bakeries kinda miss.
    I just drooled over those cakes! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love macarons!!! There is a place in Columbus that makes them & they have many different kinds & all the ones I've had have always been very fresh. My favorites were pistachio and raspberry, and the only one I didn't love was the lavender one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...