Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Louvre Museum in Paris

The Louvre museum in Paris is one of the most popular museums in the world and in my opinion probably one of the most beautiful. The buildings seem to go on forever and the exhibits, paintings and murals are extensive and beautiful. We only went to a small area of the museum, our tired feet wouldn't allow us to continue very far but I doubt you can see the entire museum in one and maybe not even two visits.

If you plan to visit this museum then put on your waking shoes and be prepared to stay awhile.

One of my favorite things about the museum was the actual building itself. I don't think I could ever get tired of looking at it.






And a day at the Louvre wouldn't be complete without seeing the most famous painting in the world, the Mona Lisa. It was very difficult to get close to the painting, people were shoving and pushing their way to the front, and to get a glimpse you have to be aggressive. I'm not particularly impressed with this painting but with all the people waiting to catch a glimpse of it and get a photo you don't even have time to browse and admire the art work at your own pace.

The art on the ceiling was what caught my eye the most, it was beautiful!





And the famous Venus de milo statue

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. When I was in Paris, I made it all the way to the front of the Louvre but did not bother to venture in because of how crowded it was. I have to revisit one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very crowded! But we managed to go early and push our way past the crowds lol. The hardest was trying to get a glimpse of the Mona Lisa. There were so many people pushing and shoving but I went all that way so I wasn't going to let them get the better of me lol.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Amazing photos. I really want to go to Paris now. Thank you so much for taking us along your trip through your photos. :) Glad you are having a great time hun .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like my photos! Paris was more than I ever imagined it to be. It is just so much prettier and full of beautiful architecture and history. I love it there. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. OMG...how beautiful! So jealous - I would love to go. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie! Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you in a Beauty Blogger Tag!! Check it out here>> http://www.cosmoglossblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-beauty-blogger-tag.html

    I LOVVEE these pics!! - XOXO ♥ Kia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...