Friday, February 23, 2018

Nyx Cosmetics Love You So Mochi Eye Shadow Palettes & Powder Puff Lippe: Review & Swatches

Spring is in the air! Toronto has finally begun to thaw and on my way to see Black Panther I was able to shed my winter jacket and bulky scarf. To celebrate the warm weather I’ve been using my new Nyx Palettes to create bright uplifting looks with radiant pigments! The Mochi Palettes are available in 2 color collections – Sleek & Chic and Electric Pastels. You will probably want to buy both (because who can resist) and while you’re at it pick up a few of the new Powder Puff Lippies to make your pout stand-out.


Let me start by explaining what Mochi is because some of you may have no idea what I’m talking about. Nyx named their new palettes after a popular Japanese rice cake with a soft marshmallow texture. Calories and carbs aside, the bright rainbow pigments are smooth and silky with loads of iridescent shimmer that makes you look like a fairy princess. The pastels appear vibrant and dramatic but apply soft and radiant with sheer, buildable coverage. You can boost the intensity by layering over primer and the vivid fuchsia, sparkling blue and peachy gold definitely add a unique twist to my makeup kit.


If you aren’t feeling the bright shades then Sleek & Chic may be more your style. It still has a heavy dose of amped-up shimmer but the gold and bronze hues may be easier to wear on a daily basis. I like to match them with matte shadows for more contrast and crease definition but they are perfect for a night out. The pillowy texture, metallic intensity and dazzling illumination makes these palettes totally irresistible! They retail for $25.00 each.



Nyx knocked it out of the park with their new Powder Puff Lippies ($12.00 each). I’ve tested all 8 shades and they are fantastic! The formula is lightweight, soft, supple and highly pigmented for great saturation and cushiony comfort. The cream applies like a lush mousse and sets with a soft powder finish that makes lips appear plush and pouty. You can layer heavily for bold color or let the pigment fade for a beautiful blur.


The Pillow Applicator is great for blending and versatile coverage. There aren’t any sharp angles or edges to help outline but the velvety formula spreads evenly.


There are quite a few neutrals in this collection but surprisingly they are all flattering. I’m not a huge fan of nude lips (unless I’m wearing dramatic eye shadow) but each shade has a pink or brown undertone that suits my complexion.


There are also 3 bright summery shades


The lipsticks retail for $12.00 each and Nyx is available at freestanding stores, drugstores nationwide and online at nyxcosmetics.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...