Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Skincare Travel Essentials - The Body Shop Tea Tree Collection

Later this week I am heading to Asia – Shanghai, Singapore, Phuket, Bangkok and Hong Kong. Aside from my trip to Dubai, this is the furthest destination I will be visiting (so far) and I am looking forward to embracing the culture, history and cuisine.

Although traveling is exciting (and a little hectic), it is very important not to neglect your skincare routine which is why I'll be packing a few of my favorite anti-blemish products from The Body Shop.


Factors That Negatively Affect Your Skin While Traveling:

*Long  Flights – According to the World Health Organization, the humidity on airplanes is usually less than 20% which is 5% less than the Sahara Desert and the flight from Toronto to Shanghai is almost 15 hours (wish me luck). To counteract the extreme dryness, skin will usually overproduce oil which can clog pores, make you look greasy and cause pimples.

*Jet Lag, Time Zones & Fatigue – Lack of sleep and exhaustion can compromise the immune system, delay healing and cause dullness and blemishes. I will be dealing with a 14 hour time difference so let's hope I adjust quickly.

*Environmental Changes – Pollution, smog and poor air quality in many large cities can cause irritation, dryness, skin aging, acne, inflammation and rashes. 

*Water Quality – In some cities it is unsafe to drink tap water so using it to wash-up/shower can negatively affect your skin.

*Sun – I don't go on vacation to bake on the beach. Prolonged UV exposure can actually cause pre-mature wrinkles along with sun damage and burns. I also suffer from heat rash so I wear a big hat, slather on the sunscreen and sit in the shade.

*Bacteria – Swimmer’s Itch is an irritating rash caused by wading in the ocean. Bacteria and parasites from the water’s surface cause redness, itching, and unsightly bumps.

*Makeup – When I get home, the first thing I do is cleanse my skin but on vacation my makeup is on for much longer, especially if I’m awake for 22 hours at a time. This can lead to clogged pores and breakouts.

Tea Tree Oil is great for treating and preventing blemishes and the nutritive collection from The Body Shop is infused with organic ingredients that help generate new tissue and improve healing. The oil also purifies the skin by unblocking glands, disinfecting pores and reducing inflammation, redness, irritation and breakouts. Even a small amount may help fade scars and relieve symptoms of eczema, psoriasis and razor burn.

When traveling I always pack the Body Shop’s Tea Tree Oil ($13.00) to keep my skin clear and healthy. The formula is super concentrated and smells very strong (like herbal medicine) so I only use it before bed. The oil has powerful antibacterial properties to soothe mosquito bites, eliminate impurities, diminish dark spots, detoxify and treat imperfections. 
Tip: Use a few drops in your face steamer to open nasal passages and refresh dull skin.


Don’t forget to exfoliate while on vacation. Getting rid of all that rough, dead skin will do wonders for your complexion and The Body Shop's 3-In-1 Wash, Scrub, Mask ($21.00) makes the task much easier. The creamy formula gently cleanses to get rid of dirt, oil and pollutants so skin feels soft, smooth and replenished.


The Tea Tree Anti-Imperfection Night Mask ($23.00) is infused with salicylic acid to eliminate blemishes, tone, mattify, shrink pores, balance, correct and rejuvenate. The refreshing gel feels amazing on parched skin and creates a supple layer of moisture that deeply nourishes as you sleep.


These products are available at The Body Shop Stores nationwide and online at thebodyshop.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...